Hey, I know many of us are arriving a day or two before Bronycon I thought it'd be fun for us to share the fun activities we have planned as well as suggestions for those who may still be looking for stuff to do that isn't listed on the official Thursdays event page.
This year I plan on visiting the Baltimore Museum of Art, the B&O railroad Museum, Geppi's Entertainment Museum, the Baltimore Historical Society Museum, and the American Visionary Art Museum (which on Thursday has free admission after 5pm and at 9pm they have an outdoor showing of the movie Clue).
Here's my top recommendations I have based on my years of attending Bronycon
- Baltimore Museum of Art and Walter's Art Museum - both Smithsonian level art museums. Definitely worth the bus trip plus they're both free admission.
- Baltimore Zoo - a bit of ways but definitely worth the subway ride and walk
- Historic Ships of Baltimore - very cool and at the inner harbor. The submarine is the best.
- National Aquarium - a bit pricy but pretty cool and nearby the con.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium - a lot of fun, weird stuff. Also has a mirror maze. Plus it's open in the evenings.
- American Visionary Art Museum - a fun, whimsical, amazing art museum (and my fave of all these)
- Federal Hill Park - The huge hill on the other side of the harbor, worth it for the view
I also hear that the Baltimore Museum of Industry is pretty good too. So what fun stuff are you guy's doing?